Job Level: Senior/Director
About Brightfind/About the Position
Brightfind is a specialized digital design and web development agency. We create award-winning designs that optimize content and boost commerce. We put websites to work to solve business problems, increase revenue, and showcase extraordinary brands.
Our executive team members are accessible. Our developers are certified in the most recent technologies. Our project managers are fantastic communicators. And everyone you encounter at Brightfind is passionate about creating incredible digital experiences.
As a senior member of Brightfind management, you will provide creative direction for Brightfind and the Brightfind creative team. You will provide design leadership within the organization and work closely with a fully remote team of Designers, UX Specialists, Project Managers, and Developers to ensure design standards are met throughout a project lifecycle. You will lead all design-related aspects of client engagements and presentations, and effectively use design to deliver desired business results. Overall, you should have an extensive understanding of a wide range of creative disciplines, including conceptual and executional (art direction, user experience, copy, UI design/development, and motion). You will manage and have primary staffing responsibility for the members of the creative team and provide guidance to the team with regard to design best practices and procedures. You will also be an advocate for members of the creative team within the context of Brightfind.
Skills Critical for a Creative Director
- Education and background in art or graphic design with at least five years of experience specifically in web design, with the expertise and professional judgment to conceive, plan, and execute the creative aspects of the projects that Brightfind produces on behalf of its clients.
- Leads the dynamic creative discovery process with our clients.
- Develops creative materials and describes the creative process in sales presentations and other marketing materials.
- Successfully communicates the operational requirements of the creative team to the rest of the Brightfind organization.
Self-Management and Team Management
- Independently leads the creative components of the project process from kickoff through completion and guides team members appropriately through the process. Defines and organizes appropriate completion of tasks and maximizes the talents of the creative team to execute the creative design that elicits positive feedback from the client and produces creative deliverables within budget, on time, within scope of the project.
Passion about Digital Design, Design for the Web, and the Customer Experience
- Demonstrates passion for the web by exhibiting knowledge of trends, tools, methodologies. Exceeds client expectations through excellence in design and user experience within those designs.
- Implements Design Thinking as not just a way of delivering excellent creative design, but as a business tool throughout our organization and throughout our product delivery processes.
Provides thought leadership to the Creative Team.
- Continuously self-educates and shares information with the team and the industry.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in creative ideas and experiences for team members.
- Articulates a strong point of view, and contributes to the strategic and creative aspects of a project; and fosters creative ideas and promotes conceptual thinking (through constructive dialog, research, brainstorming and other exercises) among the team.
Translate business goals into unique brand and product experiences
- Create solutions, with the objective of, and with a plan for, having a business impact on clients as well as a positive experiential impact on consumers.
- Work effectively within an agile, deadline-driven production process to complete web projects with rapid, iterative cycles.
- Pushes forward brave ideas.
- Exhibits deep knowledge of industry-standard design software.
Manage teams, timelines, and projects while working across several departments
- Provide accurate time estimates on work.
- Provide design oversight for all aspects of a given project.
- Lead daily stand-ups.
- Ongoing knowledge of team members’ assignments, and awareness of LOE for specific tasks.
Present and effectively communicate how a creative vision will help achieve goals
- Lead design discovery sessions for new projects.
- Responsible for being a creative storyteller with the ability to craft ideas both strategically and creatively.
- Write creative briefs for projects.
- Design and present Style Tiles and Prototypes.
- Answer client questions, and effectively incorporate feedback.
Work closely with Designers, UX Specialists, Project Managers, and Developers to ensure design standards are met throughout the lifecycle of the web project
- Participate in requirements gathering and functional specification activities
- Interview clients and stakeholders to extract business goals and design objectives.
- Review existing client products to provide recommendations for improvement
- Work with stakeholders to help articulate the parameters of design success for any given project.
- Exhibit strong writing skills.
- Develop creative guidelines and direct creative work. This is accomplished by writing, coordinating, and communicating standards and guidelines. Methods for communication include coaching, teaching, instruction, and a critiquing.
- Participate in the ongoing development and implementation of front-end web design standards.
- Participate in discussions with UX and Development team members about UI design best practices and help identify optimal technical solutions for implementation.
- Exhibits a solid understanding of the design industry at large; adapts effectively to the changing landscape of technology as evidenced improved internal processes and customer satisfaction.
- Familiarity with associations and non-profit organizations would be a valuable attribute.
More About Brightfind
No Commute. Work Remotely.
Work at home, a coffee shop, on a beach…wherever you can comfortably get your work done.
As great as we are, we realize you’ll want a paycheck too.
Comprehensive Health Care
Taking care of yourself is pretty important. We offer comprehensive medical and dental insurance.
Paid Personal Leave
Everyone needs time away. We encourage you to take it.
Days to Give Back
Brightfinders are encouraged to volunteer their time to a worthy cause and are given two paid days per year to do so.